Thursday, August 11, 2011

projects...

I don't know about you but I feel so much more energised and contented when I have a project to tackle in the end of the day in those threads or moments stolen. These are a little old now, a common theme, posts run a little late around here (!) but I am still very proud of them. The small achievements make such a difference to a day don't they? We are all very sick at the mo so crafting is very much on hold and soup making, nose-wiping, cleaning, is to the fore. Homemaking and mothering will, for much longer, be the most important project I own me thinks!
Oh my first cushion cover, replete with zip! Don't look too closely I found it very hard to sew that line straight with the fancy zip foot. I LOVE this old muted floral fabric, with a previous history as curtains, perfect to soften and romance our sitting room space found at an op-shop.

Garden projects many! We have this roughly terraced slope very neglected and overgrown which I envision tamed into an abundant  pottagier (spelling anyone?) veg garden with cobbled paths etc...one day and chickens, height of my ambitions for so long..! Oh imagine?!


And this old cupboard, found for a song so exactly what I had been carrying around in my heart to replace old rikkerty craft cupboard hauled around the world .. my handbag has even been fit with tape measure to find just the perfect size and here it is before its shabby chic transformation! 
work in progress, my trusty assistant helping with the sanding

old chairs too

Assistant 2

And voila in its new home! Am so utterly thrilled with the result. Love, love, love my new cupboard!






2 comments:

  1. That cupboard looks incredible! I always struggle with do-overs like that as I can never imagine how the end result will look, argh. I love having a little craft projct on the go, like a good book, i go a bit mental without them.
    love the nearly-potager, can't wait to see how it works out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a score on the cupboard! welcome welcome.
    and a zip go Hannah!!! crafty projects are slow around here,though i have just herd my overlocker is fixed :) ah i have missed her madly!!

    ReplyDelete

It is lovely to know I am not alone on this journey, your comments remind me of that. Thanks!